12 Chic Baby Shower Gifts Ideas for Every Budget
April 4, 2016
Spring has sprung, and with it, baby shower season. Or perhaps I’m just overly occupied with the topic, since I’ve recently welcomed three new nieces into my family. (Being an auntie is the best.) At any rate, I’ve compiled a list of 12 must-have baby shower items that are as chic as they are needed. The best part? There’s something for every budget. Without further ado, I give to you 12 chic baby shower gifts ideas for every budget!
1. Crown Swaddle Scarf by Coveted Things : Measuring at 47” x 47”, this swaddle scarf is huge. It’s also lightweight and breathable, perfect for swaddling your babe or covering her car seat or stroller. If you like to cover up whilst nursing, this is also a fantastic nursing cover. I’ve ever seen it framed or hung as a tapestry on the wall. (Price: $40)
2. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by BabyLit Books: I am more than a little bit obsessed with BabyLit books. I started a collection for my children a few years ago, and love every title. This particular tome is a colors primer, which is whimsical and fun. Plus, a baby can never have too many books! (Price $9.99)
3. The Wrap by Solly Baby: Baby wearing is my jam, and this wrap is the best wrap of all the wraps. It’s breathable, compact and cute. Using a wrap is a great way to bond with your baby, and frees up your hands so you can multitask. I’ve taken mine everywhere from the tide pools in La Jolla to the mountains of Zion National Park. Trust me when I say this is a gift that any new mama will appreciate. (Price: $65)
4. Custom Printable Nursery Art by Iviebaby: I love personalized, custom gifts. Especially when they are for family members or close friends. The fact that this print is so inexpensive (because it’s a digital download) is just icing on the cake. To complete the gift, add a fun frame to elevate the look, or provide some fun washi tape for hanging that will coordinate with the baby’s nursery. (Price: $5)
5. KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat by Chicco: I can’t say enough good things about the Chicco KeyFit 30. It’s a great option regardless of car size, but works really well in compact cars. The KeyFit 30 is also lighter than most of its counterparts, without compromising on safety. The base locking mechanism is really intuitive, and you can also strap the car seat in your car without the base. It comes in a variety of colors and patterns, but I like the minimalist impact of the coal version, pictured above. (Price: $209.99)
6. Knotted Baby Gown by Candy Kirby Designs: Am I the only one who loves to see a little newborn all cozy in her jammies? These gowns are made of the softest knit fabric, with a lap neck to make it easy to fit over your baby’s head. (As a mama of kids who have big heads, this is a must.) The knot is easy to tie and untie, so diaper changes are a breeze, and in-between changes, your baby stays nice and warm. (Price $28)
7. Leather Triangle Mobile by The Alison Show: Aren’t these the coolest mobiles you’ve ever seen? They’re handmade, and the colors can be customized for an additional fee. I love how streamlined and unique they are. And, I may have convinced my sister to incorporate one of these mobiles into her nursery décor. It looks amazing, by the way. (Price: $70)
8. Owlet Baby Monitor by Owlet Baby Care: I mean… I really don’t have to sell you on this one, do I? The Owlet Baby Monitor is the only product of its kind, and gives you the piece of mind that a parent (especially a first time parent) desperately needs. (Price: $249.99)
9. Lavender Bundle by Tubby Todd: All natural bath and body products that are gentle enough for baby AND smell good? Sign me up. The lavender lotion is plant-based, soy and dairy free. The hair and body wash is both pediatrician and dermatologist tested, plus it’s vegan. All Tubby Todd products are hypoallergenic and mild enough for even the most sensitive skin. Have I convinced you of their amazingness yet? (Price: $24.99)
10. The Tank Jumper by June and January: All of June and January’s basics are cozy and colorful. The tank jumpers in particular are a great staple that can be dressed up or down. They’re available in an array of colors and patterns and are also great for layering, making them wearable year round. Is it weird that I wish they came in my size? (Price: $27)
11. Baby Booties by Moccs by Robin: These aren’t your average baby booties. They are so well made that there isn’t an uncomfortable seam in sight. In fact, if you turn the shoe inside out, it will look the same as its exterior. My second baby lived in these while she was little, and they stayed on much better than socks or any other kind of shoes. Plus, they’re pretty. (Price: $28)
12. Essential Newborn Bundle by Lou Lou and Company: This is a great “take your baby home from the hospital/birthing center” set because it includes a coordinating beanie, swaddling blanket and (my favorite) hand covers. I love the idea of including this bundle in a hospital care package for the future mom. These pieces could also be used as part of a newborn photo shoot or impromptu hospital photos. (Price: $45)
What are some of your favorite chic baby shower gifts to give or receive? Tell us in the comments.
—Contributed by Lauren Soderberg
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock is the first baby monitor to track your baby’s oxygen level and heart rate—good indicators of Baby's overall well-being—while they sleep. If your baby’s readings leave preset zones, you'll receive a notification that lets you know your baby really needs you. Now you can feel more confidence, more freedom, and more peace of mind knowing that Owlet is here to help.
Our all-new Smart Sock is the third of its kind and it's smarter than ever.
Preparing for Baby: What to Buy and What Not To
May 27, 2015
The first time you walk into any baby store—or even just meander into the baby section at a store like Target—can feel overwhelming. Aisles upon aisles, shelves upon shelves and display after display of this gadget, that tool and another alleged “must-have.” It’s a lot to take in and can be tricky to figure out…
How To Prepare For A Baby On A Budget
Congratulations! You’re going to be a parent—so many emotions and feelings come with finding out a baby is on the way. Excitement about the little human that is about to become part of your family; some nerves over the unknowns; and maybe even worry about how you’re going to pay for it all. It’s no…