5 Freezer Meal Ideas to Make While Pregnant
December 6, 2015
Once the baby comes, the last thing you’ll have time (or energy) is to think about dinner. But, you’ll also be famished! So, you’ll wish you did have time to think about dinner. So, why not plan now for when baby is here? We’ll help you prep dinner now to freeze when gets here.
Before you get started making your freezer meals, here are some tips to help with this process:
– Buy the containers you’ll need beforehand, so you’ll have them ready when you’ll need them.
– Buy Ziploc bags, foil bins of various sizes with lids, and aluminum foil. You’ll also want plastic storage containers of various sizes too.
– Buy freezer storage bags and a permanent marker
– Label your food bins with what the food is, and any cooking directions. For example, the cooking times and oven temperatures, if needed.
– Remember that you can double or triple a recipe easily. So, buy the extra ingredients to triple your meals ahead of time.
– Make room! Clean out your freezer before you cook your freezer meals so you’ll have plenty of room to fill it up with your delicious meals.
Here are some delicious dinner ideas with links to their recipes:
Chicken Pot Pies
This recipe is defined as a moderate difficulty cooking level, but looks delicious! Find the recipe here.
If you are a vegetarian, or don’t eat much meat, this dinner is perfect. See it here.
Trim Healthy Mama Pot Roast with Gravy
On the other hand, if you are a meat lover, this meal is a perfect go-to dinner. Find it here.
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
If you love soup, this recipe looks delicious and healthy. Find the recipe here.
Freezer Friendly Broccoli Cheese Soup
For another yummy soup recipe, this recipe sounds delicious too. (Though, if you will be breast-feeding your baby, so women like to steer away from broccoli, as it can make baby gassy.) See it here.
Also, it can’t hurt to invest in a slow cooker, if you already don’t have one. You can prep dinner the night before, or that morning of, and let your dinner cook all day, just in time for dinner.
At any rate, hopefully you’ll tackle this list while you are nesting! That way you’ll get ALL of these meals cooked in no time!
Do you have a favorite freezer meal? If so, what is it?
Products in this Article
36 Weeks Survival Guide
March 12, 2015
You’re in the home-stretch. (Me too!) Only 4 weeks to go (or, could it be earlier than the due-date?!)! Doctor appointments should be weekly, as you and baby both gear up for labor. While you wait anxiously for the weeks to pass, here’s a suggested Survival Guide to get you through the rest of your…
Ways To Make Your Hospital Stay Better
April 8, 2015
I just had my third baby. Although I’ve been through two other baby deliveries, there are things I always forget to help make my hospital stay more comfortable. So, take it from me- outside of your hospital bag, follow this list of things to take to the hospital to make your stay EXTRA comfortable: 1….