Creative Ways To Commemorate Your Pregnancy
Believe it or not, remembering the details of your pregnancy is a lot harder than you might think. Most would believe that taking 9 months out of your life to grow a baby would be quite memorable, and to a degree it really is, but at the same time it can be so quickly forgotten once you’ve changed a thousand diapers and been woken up a couple dozen times during the night. Sweet babes in arms can somehow so easily dissolve the memories of having them in our bellies!
Pregnancy can be a very difficult experience, but also something so beautiful and sacred; it truly is a time to celebrate the miraculous change our bodies are making to bring life into this world! Don’t let those precious nine months slip from your memory or become something of the past. We truly must commemorate and enjoy our pregnancies! Here’s a list of 5 creative ways to do just that!
- Belly Casting: What better way to remember your pregnancy than actually keeping a mold of your pregnant belly forever? With the belly casting kits that you can purchase online, you can do just that! If doing it yourself is intimidating there are services that will do it for you, such as artists or doulas. Once you have your mold of your belly, you’ll never forget the size or shape!
- Belly Painting/henna: Turn your beautiful pregnant belly into a canvas! Have friends or family create a masterpiece using paint or henna. Snap a picture and remember your belly for a lifetime.
- Create a photo book: Document weekly or even daily pictures of your baby bump and turn it into a photo book. Looking back on the size of your belly will bring back lots of good memories of your pregnancy.
- Keep a pregnancy journal: Weird cravings, unexpected surprises, smell sensitivities? Write these things down! Take a few minutes each day to jot down the silly, but also the important parts, of pregnancy.
- Prenatal photo shoot: Show off that baby bump! Many photographers specialize in prenatal photography and would love to capture that important time in your life. Let loose and show off that beautiful belly bump of yours. Many photographers encourage you to include your spouse to make your photos even more memorable.
Whether you do all five, just one, or create some of your own ideas, remember your pregnancy is beautiful and something that should be celebrated. After your sweet babe has finally arrived, you’ll be able to go back time and time again and recapture the most beautiful moments and memories of your pregnancy.
What did YOU do to commemorate your pregnancy?
Products in this Article
Hear, see and know your baby is okay from anywhere. The Owlet Smart Sock + Cam is the first baby monitor system ever to track your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels while streaming video and audio to your phone.
Stay informed of your baby’s needs with proactive heart rate and oxygen level notifications. Parents can see live readings using Owlet’s app, but can also use the information to understand their baby’s overall wellness.
36 Weeks Survival Guide
You’re in the home-stretch. (Me too!) Only 4 weeks to go (or, could it be earlier than the due-date?!)! Doctor appointments should be weekly, as you and baby both gear up for labor. While you wait anxiously for the weeks to pass, here’s a suggested Survival Guide to get you through the rest of your…
10 Ways for Dads to Bond with their Newborns
Listen up all you dads! This post is written just for you. For all the moms reading, this post is all about helping your husband bond with your newborn, so feel free to share this useful information with him! Whether this is your first baby, fourth, fifth or even sixth, it is very important…