Evidence for Peace of Mind – Data on 47,495 Owlet Users Summarized in a Pediatric Journal
Huge news at Owlet!
As one of the pioneers for in-home monitoring of infants we felt a big responsibility to provide superior technology and peace of mind for parents. Nearly two years later, we are proud to continue pioneering by being the first in-home health monitor to share its unique data collected from nearly 50,000 newborns. Our observations have been published in Global Pediatric Health, a peer-reviewed medical journal!
The paper includes analysis from tens of thousands of babies monitored at home with Owlet and validates what so many of you already know and have experienced in your own lives: the Smart Sock reduces parental anxiety, improves Mom’s and Dad’s sleep and is easy to use.
To our knowledge, our publication shares the most extensive dataset that describes the advantages of the new generation of home-monitoring technology by Owlet in newborns.
You can read the full-text article here. Here are some highlights for you:
- Evidence for “Peace of Mind:” 96% of parents using Owlet feel less anxious, debunking the long-held theory that in-home monitoring leads to more anxiety for parents.
- Better Quality Sleep for Parents: 94% of parents report better sleep quality while using the Owlet Smart Sock.
- Generation Shift and Knowledge-Empowered Millennial Parents: 75% use in-home monitoring for peace of mind or the desire to know more about their child.
- Healthcare Confidence: 37% of Owlet users had at least one healthcare industry professional in the household.
- Safe Sleep for Babies: 82% of parents report practicing the safe sleep guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
This is the first of many observations and clinical studies we plan to publish. It is in line with our mission to better care access for babies in the home by empowering parents with the right information at the right time.
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock comfortably wraps around your baby’s foot to track heart rate and oxygen levels using clinically-proven pulse oximetry. The base station glows green to let you know everything is okay but will notify with lights and sounds if something appears to be wrong.
6 Reasons Parents LOVE Owlet
Ahhh February – the month of love. A time to think about all of the people… and smart baby monitors… that we love so much and can’t imagine life without. Here at Owlet, we’re always hearing from our Owlet parents about how much they love their Owlet monitors. In fact, as we’ve been hearing more…
Owlet Really has our Family Smiling
This is the an installment of Owlet’s “A Night in the Life” series, featuring real parents sharing their experiences with the Owlet Monitor. Click here to see all blog posts in the series. My name is Haley and I am a mom of two boys, a 2 year old and my new little guy Baker…