Evidence for Peace of Mind – Data on 47,495 Owlet Smart Sock Users Summarized in a Pediatric Journal
Huge news at Owlet!
As one of the pioneers for in-home monitoring of infants we felt a big responsibility to provide superior technology and peace of mind for parents. Nearly two years later, we are proud to continue pioneering by being the first in-home health monitor to share its unique data collected from nearly 50,000 newborns. Our observations have been published in Global Pediatric Health, a peer-reviewed medical journal!
The paper includes analysis from tens of thousands of babies monitored at home with the Owlet Smart Sock and validates what so many of you already know and have experienced in your own lives: the Smart Sock reduces parental anxiety, improves Mom’s and Dad’s sleep and is easy to use.
To our knowledge, our publication shares the most extensive dataset that describes the advantages of the new generation of home-monitoring technology by Owlet in newborns.
You can read the full-text article here. Here are some highlights for you:
- Evidence for “Peace of Mind:” 96% of parents using the Owlet Smart Sock feel less anxious, debunking the long-held theory that in-home monitoring leads to more anxiety for parents.
- Better Quality Sleep for Parents: 94% of parents report better sleep quality while using the Owlet Smart Sock.
- Generation Shift and Knowledge-Empowered Millennial Parents: 75% use in-home monitoring for peace of mind or the desire to know more about their child.
- Healthcare Confidence: 37% of Owlet Smart Sock users had at least one healthcare industry professional in the household.
- Safe Sleep for Babies: 82% of parents report practicing the safe sleep guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
This is the first of many observations and clinical studies we plan to publish. It is in line with our mission to better care access for babies in the home by empowering parents with the right information at the right time.
Products in this Article
Hear, see and know your baby is okay from anywhere. The Owlet Smart Sock + Cam is the first baby monitor system ever to track your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels while streaming video and audio to your phone.
Stay informed of your baby’s needs with proactive heart rate and oxygen level notifications. Parents can see live readings using Owlet’s app, but can also use the information to understand their baby’s overall wellness.
A Night in the Life: Such a Relief
This is an installment in the popular blog series, “A Night in the Life,” where parents share their Owlet experience. Read more in the series here. Long nights, sleepless hours, early morning wakeups, large quantities of coffee. No, I am not talking about nights with our newborn baby girl; I am talking about my husband’s…
What People Are Saying About Owlet
At Owlet, our dedication to helping new parents get a little more sleep has not wavered. Parents are still telling us about the more restful sleep and eased-worries they experience because of their Owlet Monitors. And we love sharing their reviews and stories with the world so more parents can hear about the peace of…