Owlet Introduces New Smart Sock 2 and Connected Care Platform for Parents
March 29, 2017
As part of our vision to transform infant health and safety for every baby, today we announced the next big thing in the Connected Nursery: the new Smart Sock 2 and the upcoming release of a Connected Care health platform, designed for babies in their first year of life. With the new Owlet Smart Sock 2, the Connected Care platform provides parents with new data analysis and trends based on biometric information about their baby, including heart rate, oxygen levels, sleep trends and red notification history.
Owlet Connected Care Platform*
A first of its kind, the Connected Care platform tracks more data from the Owlet Smart Sock than parents previously had. It allows parents to view trends and use the insights to be proactive about their infant’s health; making decisions based on trends and data, as well as charting a course for development. Part of the new Connected Care platform will include future partnerships with other companies to integrate data that will help complete the picture of infant health, with Owlet as the hub for the Connected Nursery. The beta version of the platform will be available this summer.
The beta version of Connected Care will include:
- Historical data tracking: 24-hour, one-week and one-month view of heart rate and oxygen levels tracked while baby slept
- Red notification information: More detailed information and tracking of when an Owlet Monitor notifies parents of levels outside the preset zone
- Sleep trends: Parents can more easily see their baby’s sleep patterns and help them establish a healthy sleep routine. Future updates of the Connected Care platform will include thermal comfort.
- Trend analysis: Looking at average levels and rates
Connected Care will be included with every new Owlet Smart Sock 2 purchased through June and will be available for parents to use this summer.
Owlet Smart Sock 2
Owlet is designed by parents for parents; user experience is paramount at Owlet. Building on the award-winning design of the original Owlet Smart Sock, the new Smart Sock 2 is the result of parent feedback and our continued investment in product design. The result is the most sophisticated, accurate and reliable version of the Owlet Smart Sock yet. The Owlet Smart Sock has been used by more than 80,000 families, with nearly 200 billion heartbeats analyzed.
The Owlet Smart Sock 2 features and enhancements include:
- Improved bluetooth range, up to a 12x increase (100 feet), between the Smart Sock and Base Station
- Innovative new sock design, offering a more secure fit
- Easier, more intuitive sock placement, meaning fewer false notifications due to more accurate sensor placement
- Enhanced smartphone app for improved user experience
- Advancements in firmware and hardware to reduce false notifications
- Updated fabric sock can be worn on both feet, allowing parents to alternate as needed, as well as breathable toes through all sock sizes
You can read our full press release here.
*Connected Care features can now be found in the Owlet App under the History Tab.
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock is the first baby monitor to track your baby’s oxygen level and heart rate—good indicators of Baby's overall well-being—while they sleep. If your baby’s readings leave preset zones, you'll receive a notification that lets you know your baby really needs you. Now you can feel more confidence, more freedom, and more peace of mind knowing that Owlet is here to help.
Our all-new Smart Sock is the third of its kind and it's smarter than ever.
Get ready for your life to basically change with one little product!
January 1, 2016
This is the first installment of Owlet’s “A Night in the Life” series, featuring real parents sharing their experiences with the Owlet Monitor. How many mamas out there have stood over their baby in the middle of the night watching their belly rise & fall just to make sure they’re breathing? Oh yah, me neither!…
A Night in the Life of an Owlet Parent
December 31, 2015
Here’s a first look at what’s coming up on the Owlet blog. Starting tomorrow, January 1, 2016 (can you believe the New Year is here?!) we will be posting “A Night in the Life” story every day for the month of January. These posts are written by real parents who want to share their day-to-day…