Owlet Introduces New Smart Sock 2 and Connected Care Platform for Parents
March 29, 2017
As part of our vision to transform infant health and safety for every baby, today we announced the next big thing in the Connected Nursery: the new Smart Sock 2 and the upcoming release of a Connected Care health platform, designed for babies in their first year of life. With the new Owlet Smart Sock 2, the Connected Care platform provides parents with new data analysis and trends based on biometric information about their baby, including heart rate, oxygen levels, sleep trends and red notification history.
Owlet Connected Care Platform
A first of its kind, the Connected Care platform tracks more data from the Owlet Smart Sock than parents previously had. It allows parents to view trends and use the insights to be proactive about their infant’s health; making decisions based on trends and data, as well as charting a course for development. Part of the new Connected Care platform will include future partnerships with other companies to integrate data that will help complete the picture of infant health, with Owlet as the hub for the Connected Nursery. The beta version of the platform will be available this summer.
The beta version of Connected Care will include:
- Historical data tracking: 24-hour, one-week and one-month view of heart rate and oxygen levels tracked while baby slept
- Red notification information: More detailed information and tracking of when an Owlet Monitor notifies parents of levels outside the preset zone
- Sleep trends: Parents can more easily see their baby’s sleep patterns and help them establish a healthy sleep routine. Future updates of the Connected Care platform will include thermal comfort.
- Trend analysis: Looking at average levels and rates
Connected Care will be included with every new Owlet Smart Sock 2 purchased through June and will be available for parents to use this summer.
Owlet Smart Sock 2
Owlet is designed by parents for parents; user experience is paramount at Owlet. Building on the award-winning design of the original Owlet Smart Sock, the new Smart Sock 2 is the result of parent feedback and our continued investment in product design. The result is the most sophisticated, accurate and reliable version of the Owlet Smart Sock yet. The Owlet Smart Sock has been used by more than 80,000 families, with nearly 200 billion heartbeats analyzed.
The Owlet Smart Sock 2 features and enhancements include:
- Improved bluetooth range, up to a 12x increase (100 feet), between the Smart Sock and Base Station
- Innovative new sock design, offering a more secure fit
- Easier, more intuitive sock placement, meaning fewer false notifications due to more accurate sensor placement
- Enhanced smartphone app for improved user experience
- Advancements in firmware and hardware to reduce false notifications
- Updated fabric sock can be worn on both feet, allowing parents to alternate as needed, as well as breathable toes through all sock sizes
You can read our full press release here.
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock comfortably wraps around your baby’s foot to track heart rate and oxygen levels using clinically-proven pulse oximetry. The base station glows green to let you know everything is okay but will notify with lights and sounds if something appears to be wrong.
Best Advice for a New Mom
March 14, 2018
Advice and opinions are usually well-meaning, but not always useful. We get it. Nobody knows yours and your baby’s needs better than you. So as you are trying to navigate the new waters of parenthood, we’re bringing you some inspirational advice to help you as you make decisions amidst a bombardment others’ opinions. “If it’s…
What Do Owlet Notifications Sound Like?
April 5, 2016
In designing the Owlet Monitor, we wanted to be able to communicate what’s going on with your little one without causing panic. That’s why we designed your Owlet with three different notifications: yellow, blue, and red. Read below about each of these Owlet notifications, what they mean, how to resolve them, and hear how they…