Physical Milestones for Your Baby
September 12, 2018
Babies grow and change right before our eyes, it seems, and there are always exciting milestones to be celebrated. Here is a list of some physical milestones to watch for during your baby’s first year of life.
2 Months Old
- Transitions from reflexive behavior to awareness
- Begins smiling
- Begins focusing on faces
- Responds to play, ie. peek a boo, etc.
- Begins babbling and mimicking sounds
- Recognizes familiar people
- Begins rolling over from tummy to back
- Can distinguish familiar faces from strangers
- Responds to name
- Puts everything in mouth
- Rolls in both directions
- Begins sitting without support
- Has favorite toys
- Shows stranger anxiety
- Begins pointing at things
- Uses thumb and finger to pick up things
- Stands holding on to something for support
- Brings you favorite books or toys
- Helps when getting dressed
- Uses gestures such as waving or nodding
- Says a few words, like “mama” or “dada”
- Easily finds objects you hide
- Walks along furniture or takes a few steps without support
Keep in mind that while most milestones follow a general pattern, each baby develops at his or her own pace, spending more or less time on a certain milestone than others. If you have any concerns about your baby’s development don’t hesitate to talk with your baby’s doctor.
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock is the first baby monitor to track your baby’s oxygen level and heart rate—good indicators of Baby's overall well-being—while they sleep. If your baby’s readings leave preset zones, you'll receive a notification that lets you know your baby really needs you. Now you can feel more confidence, more freedom, and more peace of mind knowing that Owlet is here to help.
Our all-new Smart Sock is the third of its kind and it's smarter than ever.
August 26, 2014
Amazing Backers, This week we had our first full-system, live-on-baby over-night testing. Three of us from the office took the device home to put on our 5-, 4-, and 2 month old babies (there are a lot of babies being born at Owlet). The two other dads had a long night, full of false alarms and…
Smart Sock Sneak Peek
October 31, 2014
Beloved Owlet Supporters, We have set our phasers from stun… to kill… dun dun dun (epic music plays). Our bug killing phasers that is. This month has been the month of squashing bug after bug on our journey to make Owlet the smartest baby monitor the world has ever seen. Here are some of the milestones with…