Physical Milestones for Your Baby
Babies grow and change right before our eyes, it seems, and there are always exciting milestones to be celebrated. Here is a list of some physical milestones to watch for during your baby’s first year of life.
2 Months Old
- Transitions from reflexive behavior to awareness
- Begins smiling
- Begins focusing on faces
- Responds to play, ie. peek a boo, etc.
- Begins babbling and mimicking sounds
- Recognizes familiar people
- Begins rolling over from tummy to back
- Can distinguish familiar faces from strangers
- Responds to name
- Puts everything in mouth
- Rolls in both directions
- Begins sitting without support
- Has favorite toys
- Shows stranger anxiety
- Begins pointing at things
- Uses thumb and finger to pick up things
- Stands holding on to something for support
- Brings you favorite books or toys
- Helps when getting dressed
- Uses gestures such as waving or nodding
- Says a few words, like “mama” or “dada”
- Easily finds objects you hide
- Walks along furniture or takes a few steps without support
Keep in mind that while most milestones follow a general pattern, each baby develops at his or her own pace, spending more or less time on a certain milestone than others. If you have any concerns about your baby’s development don’t hesitate to talk with your baby’s doctor.
Products in this Article
Hear, see and know your baby is okay from anywhere. The Owlet Smart Sock + Cam is the first baby monitor system ever to track your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels while streaming video and audio to your phone.
Stay informed of your baby’s needs with proactive heart rate and oxygen level notifications. Parents can see live readings using Owlet’s app, but can also use the information to understand their baby’s overall wellness.
The Owlet Smart Sock May Update
You Love us, You really Love us! Hey guys, here is this update at a glance: 1) Survey says: Product is awesome! 2) Details on shipping next two batches. 3) Click to tweet for a competition w/ IBM. 4) My Confession of Co-Sleeping. Product It looks like it has been worth the wait! From our…
The hilarious, the disgusting, and the adorable: Angie’s Guide Week 27
I didn’t realize I was 27 weeks pregnant until about 4 days after I passed the mark. So my celebration of being in my 3rd trimester was a bit belated but HOORAY! I’m in the home stretch! So this week…Chicken fries happened this week. And boy have I got a major life-hack for you! There’s only a…