The RIGHT way to feed your baby
October 27, 2015
Are you feeding your baby the right way?
Are you sure?
Have you read at least 77 articles about the right way to feed your baby? No?
Okay, well then HERE is the guide to PROPERLY feeding your baby.
Step 1: Identify the hungry infant.
Do this by:
- Keeping a routine with regularly scheduled feedings.
- Not keeping a routine and noticing your baby’s cues.
- Using baby telepathy.
- Doing whatever the heck works best for you; you know your baby the best.
Step 2: Find a comfortable feeding position.
- Whatever is most comfortable for you
In any of these proper places:
- Living room
- Anywhere that works best for you
Step 3: Prepare the infant’s meal
- Whipping out the boob
- Shaking up the bottle
- Pouring the goat’s milk
- Any other methods of feeding that you choose; you know what’s best for you and your baby.
You do not have to justify or offer an explanation to anyone for the following:
- Pumping for bottle-feeding
- Using a nursing cover
- Not using a nursing cover
- When someone asks, “didn’t you try breastfeeding?”
- When someone says, “As long as you gave it your best try.”
- When anyone offers anyone unsolicited advice, opinions, or remarks about how YOU care for YOUR baby
So, have you figured out the right way to feed your baby?
The right way to feed your baby is the way that works BEST for YOU!
And that’s all you ever need to tell anyone who feels so inclined to comment on how you care for your baby.
No explanation, justification, or guilt necessary.
Have you dealt with judgment or unsolicited advice on how to care for your baby? Vent to us below!
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock is the first baby monitor to track your baby’s oxygen level and heart rate—good indicators of Baby's overall well-being—while they sleep. If your baby’s readings leave preset zones, you'll receive a notification that lets you know your baby really needs you. Now you can feel more confidence, more freedom, and more peace of mind knowing that Owlet is here to help.
Our all-new Smart Sock is the third of its kind and it's smarter than ever.
10 Ways for Dads to Bond with their Newborns
March 17, 2015
Listen up all you dads! This post is written just for you. For all the moms reading, this post is all about helping your husband bond with your newborn, so feel free to share this useful information with him! Whether this is your first baby, fourth, fifth or even sixth, it is very important…
Coping With Loss of Sleep with a Newborn
April 6, 2015
First comes baby, and then comes exhaustion. If you’re tired with a newborn, you’re not alone! Read on for tips to get you through this time: I distinctly remember sitting on a bench, holding my month old daughter on my lap. The exhaustion I felt was so deep; I literally had a hard time…