Mother’s Day Gift Ideas: What Mom Really Wants for Mother’s Day
April 29, 2022
SLEEP! It’s what mom really wants for Mother’s Day.
We surveyed 1,000 moms to find out exactly what Mom wants for Mother’s Day & the results on the state of shuteye are eye-opening!
Throughout the pandemic, many of us (with or without a baby or toddler!) have suffered new challenges when it comes to sleep, making quality shuteye more precious than ever before. And no other group felt that more than mamas and families who welcomed new babies in the last year.
Our research showed that only 4% of new moms are getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night! So it’s no surprise that new moms chose a full, uninterrupted night of sleep as the best gift over chocolate or even jewelry for Mother’s Day. Looks like sleep is replacing diamonds as a mom’s best friend!
The survey also uncovered:
- The Gift of Good Sleep: Making memories with family (62%), a full uninterrupted night of sleep (44%) and gift cards (44%) were the top picks for new moms this Mother’s Day.
- Night Owls: Only 4% of new moms are getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night with over half of new moms (51%) surviving on an average of 6 hours or less of sleep each night.
- Dreaming of a Full Night’s Sleep: More than 1/4 of new moms (28%) say it’s been so long, they can’t remember when the last time they got a full, uninterrupted night’s sleep, with another 26% saying it’s been at least 6 months or more.
- The Price of ZZZs: Over 1/3 of new moms (34%) would pay over $100 for a full night of uninterrupted sleep, and 15% are willing to shell out $500 or more!
- The Midnight Hour: 1/3 of new moms (32%) say they are the one getting up for every single middle-of-the-night wakeup, while 1/4 of new moms (25%) report they split middle-of-the-night wakeups evenly with their partner.
Looking for Mother’s Day gift ideas? Our growing suite of innovative products including the Dream Sock and Dream Duo, have helped thousands of parents get the sleep they need, with 94% of parents reporting better sleep with Owlet.
And what better way to say “thanks, Mom!” than with the Owlet Mother’s Day Sale for 2022! You can score your favorite Owlet products at an amazing price:
Don’t miss the chance to give Mom the gift of peace of mind and a better night’s sleep!
Products in this Article
Fall Back: Daylight Savings Tips
November 1, 2019
“Falling back” is the time change you loved before becoming a parent because you got an extra hour of sleep, but that you now dread because your little one may wake even earlier than usual! Here are our tips to ensure that the transition goes as smoothly as possible. Put your child to sleep at…
Introducing Owlet Dream Lab
October 30, 2019
Give your baby the gift of sleep with Dream Lab! Dream Lab is a video sleep course designed to teach your baby to sleep through the night in just seven days. Created by the world’s first infant sleep consultants, Dream Lab is personalized to fit your baby’s unique needs. The best part? Dream lab is…