What Mom Really Wants for Mother’s Day
May 6, 2021
SLEEP! It’s what mom really wants for Mother’s Day.
We surveyed 1,000 moms to find out exactly what Mom wants for Mother’s Day & the results on the state of shuteye are eye-opening!
During the pandemic, many of us (with or without a baby or toddler!) have suffered new challenges when it comes to sleep, making quality shuteye more precious than ever before. And no other group felt that more than mamas and families who welcomed new babies in the last year.
Our research showed that only 4% of new moms are getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night! So it’s no surprise that new moms chose a full, uninterrupted night of sleep as the best gift over chocolate or even jewelry for Mother’s Day. Looks like sleep is replacing diamonds as a mom’s best friend!
The survey also uncovered:
- The Gift of Good Sleep: Making memories with family (62%), a full uninterrupted night of sleep (44%) and gift cards (44%) were the top picks for new moms this Mother’s Day.
- Night Owls: Only 4% of new moms are getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night with over half of new moms (51%) surviving on an average of 6 hours or less of sleep each night.
- Dreaming of a Full Night’s Sleep: More than 1/4 of new moms (28%) say it’s been so long, they can’t remember when the last time they got a full, uninterrupted night’s sleep, with another 26% saying it’s been at least 6 months or more.
- The Price of ZZZs: Over 1/3 of new moms (34%) would pay over $100 for a full night of uninterrupted sleep, and 15% are willing to shell out $500 or more!
- The Midnight Hour: 1/3 of new moms (32%) say they are the one getting up for every single middle-of-the-night wakeup, while 1/4 of new moms (25%) report they split middle-of-the-night wakeups evenly with their partner.
Our growing suite of innovative products including the Owlet Smart Sock, Monitor Duo, Cam, and Dream Lab sleep program, have helped thousands of parents get the sleep they need, with 94% of parents reporting better sleep with Owlet.
And what better way to say “thanks, Mom!” than with our best deals of the year, happening now:
- Save $75 on the Smart Sock
- Save $50 on the Cam
- Save $75 on the Duo
- Save $50 on Dream Lab
Don’t miss the chance to give Mom the gift of peace of mind and a better night’s sleep!
Products in this Article
The Smart Sock is the first baby monitor to track your baby’s oxygen level and heart rate—good indicators of Baby's overall well-being—while they sleep. If your baby’s readings leave preset zones, you'll receive a notification that lets you know your baby really needs you. Now you can feel more confidence, more freedom, and more peace of mind knowing that Owlet is here to help.
Our all-new Smart Sock is the third of its kind and it's smarter than ever.
Q&A With Dream Lab Sleep Experts Jill & Jen
October 30, 2019
OWLET: How did you get into the field of helping babies sleep? JILL: It all started with my sleepless first baby! As a psychotherapist, I thought I’d have no problem getting him to sleep. But by the time my son was 8 months old, he had a doozy of a sleep problem. I was the…
Fall Back: Daylight Savings Tips
November 1, 2019
“Falling back” is the time change you loved before becoming a parent because you got an extra hour of sleep, but that you now dread because your little one may wake even earlier than usual! Here are our tips to ensure that the transition goes as smoothly as possible. Put your child to sleep at…